Monday, June 18, 2007

Cool, affordable house numbers

Wow, some folks are actually reading this! Thanks houseblogs.net! I'll have to try harder to be interesting and amusing. So, I'll just add small things when I can, instead of always apologizing for not updating more frequently.

Our latest token home improvement is new address numbers. So far they were only on the door and not too visible. These will go on the front of the porch roof, much better.

We used House Numbers Only, a website with lots of funky styles, for about $10 each. Powder-coated steel, in black or copper color, about 5x2.5 inches. We went with the Craftsman, no surprise.

I emailed them to ask, and they said they are made in USA, yay. A bit of a hand-cut quality to them, but I think that is actually fitting in this case. Now to actually put them up...

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Dang, I wish that I'd known about them two weeks ago, when we finally gave up on finding "cool" and "affordable" and just went with "affordable."

Andy said...

We're going to need house numbers sooner than later for our bungalow, so I'm glad I found you and read this post! Thanks...

john said...

Not that it helps you now, but it is easy to make house numbers. Find a craftsmany font. Print on paper. Glue to pine board. Cut out with jigsaw. Sand off paper. Paint and hang.

Great site!